Ah, I feel refreshed. Some visuals from the Northwest YMCA, where I did my swim:
- A little old pudgy lady in glasses and a very threadbare one-piece flowered print bathing suit who spent the whole time I was there dancing in the water…without music;
- The man I like to call “Ninja Warrior” for his waist-high silver metallic wrestler-style trunks and the way he slaps the water with his arm when he swims, racing me on some laps;
- A whole mess of kids wapping each other with noodles in the free-swim area;
- Running through two lane partners in the time I take to complete my easy swim;
- The lady sharing my lane who had coated herself in some kind of menthol/spearmint /BenGay-type product that drove me out of the water, otherwise I might’ve swum more.
I love the diversity of people at the Y. Town Lake is the best, but it always makes me happy to see all kinds of people doing their things.
And I really feel good after my swim!